Friday 25 March 2011

Nearly time to head for the West Counrty...........

Where do the days go, I can't believe that in a few days we are off on holiday to Cornwall.
It feels like only yesterday when I booked it not 7 months ago.
I have never been to Cornwall and am soo excited, I don't think I'm going to want to come home.
We have a lovely (hopefully) barn conversion to stay in near Par, not far from Newquay, Eden Project & Padstow.
So I'm hoping your going to tell me lots of lovely places to go and visit.
I know it's cleacha but I want to have fish & chips at Rick Stiens, Visit the Eden Project & the Lost Gardens of Helagon. As well as seeing Newquay & Port Issac where Doc Martin is filmed.
I'm looking forward to spending time with Gav and our lovely friends we are holidaying with.
Pub lunches and suppers by the fire.
Not long to go now, Work has been manic and I truly need a break. 
I'm off into town tomorrow to pick up my special Birthday Present, Eeek I think I may burst with excitement.
I have promised myself though that I will not open the box and that Gav must wrap it and put it away for the actual day so I have something to open.
It's been lovely & sunny here this week, I'm hoping that the weather stays good for the weekend as I really want to get some veggies planted.
Have a lovely weekend, I hope the sun shines for you.
Luv 

9 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

I am so excited for you. I love Cornwall and we're going there again for the 4th time in 4 years in May!! Padstow is lovely, the beaches nearby too, but the best beach in my opinion is Trebawith Sands. It's all lovely though. You'll have a wonderful time!

Caroline B said...

You will love Cornwall! Try exploring the little villages & beaches along the coast down from Newquay - gorgeous. St. Ives is worth a visit if you have the time - the St.Ives Tate gallery is good & the town is wonderful. On the road down to St.Ives there is an amazing piece of cliff called Hell's Mouth....oh I wish I was coming along!

KC'sCourt! said...

I have been to both the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan, do go well worth a visit of both and go to St Ives too!
Can't wait to see what you are getting for your birthday.
Julie xxxxxx

Pea Green Kitty said...

You sound so full of the joys of spring!
I cant wait to see your pictures on your return.
I havent been to Cornwall since I was a child and would love to go back, it is stunning!!
Have an amazing time!!! x

topchelseagirl said...

Remember to wear layers to the Eden Project, as it is very hot and humid in the biospheres and you'll want to strip off. You must try to get to St Ives too, it is wonderful.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Have a great time!

Victoria xx

Lisa said...

Hope you all have a wonderful time doign all the things you want to do.
Lisa x

A garden just outside Venice said...

Enjoy your well deserved break !
xxx

Jenny said...

I LOVE Cornwall soo much, I go every year for my hols,I always stay in St Ives, it is beautiful, and Looe. Holywell bay is a stunning beach with big caves and nooks and crannies.

You will love it, have a fab time. x