Monday 14 March 2011

My New Favourite Chocolate Brownie Recipe



I realised last week whilst watching The Hairy Bakers "Mum Knows Best" that I don't have any family recipes. So during the show I phoned my Mum with a list of my favourite family recipes & asked her to ask my family for their recipes. 
I have asked for the following, to start me off.
Grandads Victoria Sponge Recipe - the lightest sponge in the world 
Auntie Sue's Pavlova Recipe - Her Dinner Party Party Piece
Auntie Viv's Flapjacks - No one has ever made one close to hers, a fond childhood memory food
My Dad's Fish Pie - A must have dinner on every visit to see them!
I was having a good old read of all your blogs last night an I noticed that Julie of KC'sCourt had made a Custard Tart. It was my Nanna's favourite cake for a Saturday tea normally from M&S, but I though gosh I wish I had a recipe so I could make it. I sadly don't have any of her recipes.
So I asked Julie and she has kindly sent me her recipe.
She also commented on my Marshmallow Brownies I made yesterday, and asked if I had the recipe so I thought I would share the Brownie Love & here it is.
I actually got it from the Free Morrisons Magazine that I picked up yesterday with the weekly shop.
And now it is my Favourite brownie recipe by far, and soo quick and easy to make.

It makes 15 Brownies
Prep takes about 20 minutes
Cooking about 30
And they are suitable for the freezer

Ingredients
180g Butter - I used Stalk
150g Dark chocolate
3 Eggs
270g Golden Caster Sugar - I used white caster sugar
50g Cocoa Powder
80g Plain Flower
50g Mini Marshmallows

How to Make Marshmallow Chocolate Brownies
  1. Place the butter & chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and heat gently until it melts, let it cool.
  2. Pre Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
  3. Line the base of a 28 x 18cm baking tin with baking parchment. (I lined the sides too)
  4.   Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar, until pale, thick & creamy.
  5. Sift in the cocoa powder and flour and fold it into the egg & sugar mixture with a spatula or metal spoon.
  6. Pour in the cooled melted chocolate mixture in a thin stream and gently fold it in along with the mini marshmallows.
  7. Keep a few marshmallows back for decoration.
  8. Spoon/pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
  9. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, I only let them cook for this time so that they stayed gooey inside. They are done when they start to come away from the edge and the top it glossy like paper.
  10. If they still wobble when you check them put them back in for a few more minutes.
  11. Allow to cool completely (if you can resist) and cut into 15.
  12. Sprinkles with the left over marshmallows & eat Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
So there we are my first recipe to add to my new recipe book which I will be covering like the little notebooks I sold on Saturday.

I also took some of my cards, broaches & hair bobbles into work and sold loads and I have more commissions so I must get to work after tea and make more............
Have a great week
Luv

8 comments:

LaaLaa said...

Oooh Sophie. They look fab! I'll be giving them a go. A daft question but do you feeze them cooked? Wouldn't they go soggy? I love the idea of freezing them. xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I wish I had an abundance of family recipes but the only thing my family have as their "thing" is my nan's stuffing which my dad is now a pro at making!

The brownies look delicious!

Victoria xx

KC'sCourt! said...

My nanny used to make Bread Pudding the dark one, not to be confused with Bread and Butter pudding, something completely different
Julie xxxxxxxx

LissyLou said...

mmmm delish!!!

Thank you Sophie for the BS shower gel. It smells gorgeous. xx

Catherine said...

Yum! Very tempting! It's great getting family recipes. I have a little book and it is stuffed full of little handwritten notes from my mum with some of her recipes....some of them I never cook but they make me feel very nostalgic and I wouldn't want to part with them for the world! Cx

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

they look so yummy x

Callies Cottage said...

What a fantastic recipe....I have a drawer full of recipes collected over the years...I must put them in some kind of order one of these days!
Happy Collecting.
Warm Wishes,
Callie x

Anonymous said...

I've made these before myself but lost the recipe thanks for puttin it on you've made my husband and children's day :-) x