Monday 1 March 2010

Pinch Punch First of The Month…

Well my wish came true and the sun came out for us today, hopefully March will be the turning point and the sun is here to stay. Fingers crossed.
Look at these little poppets which popped out to see the sun today, what a difference a bit of sunshine makes.


The fist day of our holiday started very lazily, as it was my mans birthday he was aloud a lie in.
Then we had presents, I bought him 3 raspberry canes, some strawberry bags, sweets etc.
I was a little worried as I had ordered him a guitar for his PS3 band heroes and it hadn’t arrived, but then the post lady arrived bearing parcels & he was very pleased with it.
What we do to make our men happy, lol!!
We popped out to the shops; a new big T supermarket has opened so we thought we would have a look. It is colossal, huge and not the best experience. It was all a bit too much and seemed more expensive than our usual shopping bill. We won’t be going there again in a hurry I tell you!
Bacon & Egg wholemeal muffins for lunch, mmmmmmmmmm.
Then I managed to pop to my CS, whilst himself was playing PS3!!

And look what I found.


This beautiful basket was outside the shop front, I snatched it up before anyone else could have it. Gosh I know it’s not good to snatch but it had to be mine.


I also found this little baby pink le cruset soup dish, that goes perfectly with my blue ones.
Some fabby sewing supplies, embroidery silks & vintage cottons.
I walked out of the shop with a smile on my face and my shopping in my new shopping basket, with a spring in my step.
We went to Gav’s Mum & Dads for a Fish & Chips birthday supper and homemade yummy chocolate cake with mascarpone, chocolate & raspberry filling.
Gosh I’m feeling fat tonight!!
Thanks for all the lovely holiday comments, I’m very pleased to hear it’s sunny on the east cost today.
Lets hope the sun keeps its hat on for the rest of the week.

11 comments:

m said...

ooooh you got some lovely things :o) It's so nice to see the sun out - I really hope she stays and doesn't disappear too soon :o)

Pink Milk said...

Wow, you really ought to have a break more often - thanks for the sunshine!! You sound like you've had a lovely relaxy day.

Just love that soup dish to bits!!

Hx

Kelly said...

Yay for the sunshine!!!
Sounds like a lovely birthday!

Elderberry-Rob said...

I love your basket, have been searching endlessly for a bargain find like yours, to make a sewing basket. Your finds are delightful.

Pixiedust said...

What lovely goodies, you must have some great CS shops near you. I'm loveing the soup pot. xxx Pixie xxx

KC'sCourt! said...

Your blog is full of Sunshine! You sound you both had a really lovely day. Lovely things you bought too especially the Pink Le Cruset.

Michela said...

Hi Sophie! Glad your lover had a great birthday! Enjoy your well deserved holiday week!
xxxx

P.S.I sent you an e-mail for the swap

Kissed by an Angel said...

It sounds like you had a fab first day of your holiday!!! Love your window box!! But, doesn't everything look so much better bathed in sunlight!!!
xxxx

Dawn said...

Happy to confirm that the sun is still shining!

cathleen said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

Jolie Rosie said...

Lovely blog

Rosie