Sunday 28 February 2010

Yippee My Kind of Half Term….

I’m on holiday for a whole week, Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
It feels like an age since my last week off work at Christmas.
Although time does seem to be flying at the moment, how can we be in March tomorrow already!!
I nearly always have the first week of March off as it is Gav’s Birthday week, I call it our half term.
We will have a few days off together then I’m off to Suffolk for some time with Mum & Dad. I have never lived in Felixstowe where the rest of my family live, but we visited many times as children, a few years a go my parents moved back there to be near their parents. I doubt I will ever live there as it has never been home to me, although I have wonderful childhood memories.
I loved Felixstowe as a child, space to run & play a safe place as I remember it. A quaint seaside town with a huge dock yard, the biggest in the country I think. The town is small with lovely seaside features like the Spa Pavillion a theatre on the prom.


In my teens I found it quite boring and yearned for the weekends to end so I could be at home with my friends at home.
Now I appreciate it, I can walk into town in 5 minutes, there are lots of CS’s, my favourite fabric shop, a market on a Sunday & a couple of nice bars & eateries for the evening and this lovely shop Vintage Mason.



I hate the drive there it can take 2.5hrs on a good day or 6 hrs on a bad day!!!
As I said before I will never live there it is not home but I will always visit, as my family are there.
So I’m off to a different seaside on Wednesday for some spoiling from my Mummy & Daddy, I’ve requested Dad’s fish pie for dinner and can’t wait.
A couple of posts ago I mentioned that I was hoping to be able to do a 100 follower giveaway.
Well I suddenly have 101 followers, big thanks to all who have been faithful followers and to those who are new. 
So now I am planning a Vintage CS themed giveaway.
I will be hoping to pick up some more lovelies for it on my travels this week, and then I will post about it. Keep your eyes open.
I have been making my buttons for the button swap this weekend but will wait to show you when I am nearly done, I don't want my swap partner to see them before I send them.
I hope you all have a lovely week, and that the rain stops as I defiantly need some spring sunshine.
Luv

12 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

Have a lovely week off.

Lisa said...

Enjoy your half term and all the CS shopping!
Lisa x

PinkLady said...

Have a lovely time in Suffolk and enjoy your fish pie and shopping! xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Have a great week - I have only visited Felixstowe too, it is a very nice place

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Sophie, I hope you have a fantastic week off, enjoy the shops, the break away from work and hubby with his birthday! xxx

melanie said...

Have a lovely trip, what a sweet town! xxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Have a lovely week off!! Happy Birthday to Gav!!! Happy shopping!!! 101 followers that is fantastic - congrats!!!
xxxx

VintageVicki said...

You've picked the right week to come to Suffolk - sunshine & blue skies today :)

Despite living about 1/2 an hour away I rarely go to Felixstowe - must rectify that sometime :)

Dawn said...

Ditto Vicki! Havent been to Felixstowe in over 20 years!
Hope the sun keeps shining for you :)

Sarah said...

I was born very close to Felixstowe. We would drive on a sunny sunday afternoon and have fish and chips sitting on the wall on the sea front.

Enjoy your break xx

Anonymous said...

It's a small world - after all! I was in sunny Felixstowe this morning. the sun was shining and it was glorious. Hope you have a lovely week.xx

Kelly said...

Have a lovely week xxx