Wednesday 16 June 2010

So what type of water feature did Gav build??

Hello
Well the week is flying by and I'm trying to stay with it and not fall behind!
I really don't know where the time goes do you?
I have been wanting to share this with you since the weekend but just haven't gotten round to it.
So do you remember when I was slightly worried here that Gav might incorporate a toilet as a  planter or water feature in our newly cleared front garden??
Well I got home from Mum & Dads and there were signs of water feature in progress, dotted around the house, big bucket, pump etc. But thankfully no toilet in sight.
On Saturday off I went to the CS for my normal shift, Gav was going to relax for the afternoon and watch football!!
So how surprised was I when I pulled into the drive to find this out side my front door.

Well it was a lovely surprise, looking pretty and tasteful waiting for me to do some planting.
It makes a lovely bubbling sound, which is great during the day but I am having to ask that it gets turned off at night as it is outside below our bed room window and I have found it makes me need the toilet all night if left on, lol.
Sorry probably a bit to much information.
So new water feature in, now to tackle the rest of the front garden and make it look presentable to the rest of the street.
2 days till the weekend yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Luv

16 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a thoughtful gesture even if it's causing some toilet issues! ;o)

Victoria xx

The sewing room said...

How sweet of Gav l bet you was really pleased,can not wait to see it finneshed.


Hugs Pat

Elderberry-Rob said...

I love it, it's beautiful. He is a clever bloke. I think most people turn them off at night anyway don't they? maybe that's why!

KC'sCourt! said...

Pretty water feature.
Julie xxxxxxx

Em said...

Gosh, what a lovely thoughtful Hubby you have.
Looks really good too, if my Hubby had to think of something to do in our garden, I would have returned to the loo idea.x

Lisa said...

What a lovely surprise, very nice indeed!
Lisa x

Jackie said...

The boy did good! Can't wait to see the finished garden too xx

Karen Roderick said...

That's a brillaint water feature! It's good to see something different for a change, I get tired with same old designs, love the stars and pebbles, just my thing! x

Unknown said...

I'd have to turn it off at night too , but it looks great !

DEBBIE said...

You are a very lucky girl to have Gav and vice-versa!
Tell him, that he`s done a wonderful job with the water feature!

DEBBIE MOSS

topchelseagirl said...

My parents have a small fountain and that has to go off at night too - for the same reason lol!

My Grannies Attic said...

What a lovely water feature - it is lovely.

Kerry xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie,

I am dead kealous of your water feature! I would really like one :-) The closest I get at the moment is the little plastic bird drinking bowl that attaches to my bird feeder! lol

my front garden is a tip... Most of it is paved (as a driveway) but there are just tonnes of straggly old scrubby shrubs at the moment, even my hanging basket died! Really need to get out there and do it... Hmmm maybe Gav could come and do it when he's finished yours? lol

Have a fab weekend :-)

Rose X

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

Helloo Sophie
Fab feature!
Thank you for you comments ;-) You have 2 entries to the draw
Good Luck! Lycka Till!
Winners will be announced tomorrow
LOVE PEACE enJOY
Julie x

Kissed by an Angel said...

It's lovely!! i'd have to have it turned off at night too!!!!!
xxxx

Natasha Burns said...

Looks fabulous Sophie! Thank goodness it isn't a toilet feature in your front garden.... even if it made the toilet a feature of your night's sleep!