Saturday 12 June 2010

Goodies Galore

I've had a really weird week, I have been to 2 funerals & had a major product launch at work but I made It thorough and I have also had lot's of lovely goodies come my way too.
Firstly a big thank you Steph from Mon Petie Poppet in Australia who was my Apron Swap partner.
I received this beautiful apron when I returned home from Mum & Dad's which put a big smile on my face.


It is soo beautiful and the hand embroidery is amazing.
I think I will only be wearing it on special occasions as I don't want to get anything down it.
Thank you Steph for a great Swap.
Now whilst at Mum & Dad's I did take a day off from family duties and went to a massive car boot sale in Needham Market with my Auntie Sue.
I got some great bargains, an Emma Bridgewater photo album for £1, an old Enid Blyton book for 50p, a hexagon patchwork cushion kit for £1.
But my bargain of the day was a bolt of Sanderson Rose fabric with 13 ft on it for £2!!!!



Yes £2, it is perfect for my deckchair project and the lady seller was lovely.
I was so chuffed.
We also popped into a couple of charity shops where I bought these wooden coat hangers which I have already started covering for gifts and to sell.


 This fabulously funky 70's curtain great for my fabric stash.


Getting out for the day with my Auntie Sue & cousin Lucy was great, I have such a large family that spending quality time with them all is often difficult.
Finally I wanted to show you my CS find from my shift a couple of weeks ago, you might have spotted it throughout this post??? 


a gorgeous pink eiderdown.
It isn't feather but tereline, I took it round to the in laws and my MIL to laundered it for me.
Thanks Penny, it is lovely and clean now.


It now has a new home on my spare bed in my sewing room.
Pickles has taken a real liking to it and sleeps on it all the time, Treacle doesn't get a look in.
Thanks for all your lovely comments and emails, I'm not sure how I managed it this week but you all helped me through it.
Well the week is over and I'm glad a new week is here, I hope you all have a lovely Sunday.
Luv


16 comments:

The sewing room said...

Oh you have had a tuff time just lately,but it sounds like you have come through okay and picked up some lovelies on the way well done . Enjoy the rest of the weekend hugs Pat

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

Hej Sophie
Glad to hear you got through the week, keeping busy and ooh you have found and bought and swaped some lovely items...Fantastic find the Sanderson fabric, look forward to seeing the completed deck chairs :-). Hope next week is uplifting for you
Kram Julie x

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh Sophie what a week you've had! I hope this week goes better for you and you enjoy some happier times. Love your new apron! Do you think one day we'll be able to actually wear our aprons for their intended use?!

Alijane said...

Bet your glad this weeks over, sounded like a tough one at times. Love your bootie and CS finds, the quilt looks very cosy.

You must have been thrilled with your apron, looks fab. The one you sent looks wonderful too. Have a great weekend.

Alison
xx

Off The Peg said...

Cute apron and nice bargains too!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Hi Sophie, glad you have had a good time with family and what lovely finds, especially the sanderson. The apron must have been a lovely surprise - it is really unusual and very pretty.

KC'sCourt! said...

Oh dear what a week you have had, but things can only get better from now. Love the apron, and the charity shop find.
Julie xxxxxx

Lisa said...

You have had a tough old week. I hope you are taking it easy this weekend.
Your new apron is just gorgeous!
Oh and your new eiderdown, CS's are the best.
Lisa x

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sorry to hear you've had such a week...

Pickles looks very comfy there...Sweet picture!

My Grannies Attic said...

Oh my - what a week!!!!

Your Sanderson Fabric is gorgeous and I cannot wait to see the deckchairs!!!!

Kerry xxxx

Anonymous said...

What an awful week for you, I'm glad that there were a few nice moments for you. If you venture to Needham Market again I would highly recommend finding Halfpenny Home - I think you'll like it.xx

Serenata said...

Sounds like you have had a tough week, yet also some cheer with the lovely apron and eiderdown.

Hope this week is much easier for you.

CraftySmiles said...

Hello!!
Oh dear what a week. I was away to visit my family and needless to say - I am still recovering .
Any way those finds are very nice,well done on that.
Wish you a great next week,take care
xxxxxx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Love the retro fabric!

Victoria xx

Em said...

Oh I just love old eiderdowns, there is just something so special about them.
I love your spotty sewing table. Have a lovely week & hope you have lots of Voom today..x

Kissed by an Angel said...

You have certainly been throught it lately!!! Hope things get better for you now!!! Love the apron!!!
xxxx