Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Great Apron Swap - What I sent to Steph

Well I'm back.
It's been a tricky few days but it all went OK and Grandma would have loved it.
So I am now back to blogging, work, life etc.. etc... etc....
I have had a message from my Apron Swap partner Step over at Mon Petite Poppet to say she has received her apron and she has posted about it here, so I thought I would show you what I made her.


I found this gorgeous fabric in one of my favourite fabric shops in Brighton and had to buy it for the apron.
It has ice cream Sundays all over it, with a red back ground with cherries & white polka dots.
I added a huge pocket to the front and trimmed it with a Daisy trim.
I made a double length waist tie so that it can be tied at the front with a nice bow all in pink gingham.
The back of the apron is also pink gingham.
I had a lot of fun making it.
I'm glad Steph likes it.
I have a few more swaps on the go, The Strawberry Swap, The Fairy Tale Swap, The Boudoir Swap & The Vintage Vacation Swap. So I will be a busy bee for the next few weeks.
Back to work tomorrow.
Have a great rest of the week.
Luv

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful apron. I'm glad that things went as well as you could have hoped for.xx

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

OOh Sophie it's fantastic!
Aren't you clever? YES!
You have been in my thoughts
God Bless
Julie x

Pink Milk said...

So glad all went smoothly.

Simply gorgeous apron. My head is full of swaps too - I keep dreaming of strawberries and feather boas!

Hx

Kelly said...

Glad things went well for you sweetheart xxx
The apron look amazing xxx

LissyLou said...

its gorgeous sophie!!

Sarah said...

Love the apron - definately one to wear all the time!
x

VintageVicki said...

Gorgeous apron :)

Glad things went well - we say our goodbyes on Friday.

xxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

I am so glad that everything went well for you Sophie. i really love the apron, it's so pretty!!!
xxxx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Great apron!

Victoria xx

My Grannies Attic said...

What a gorgeous apron Sophie and glad to hear that all went well.

Kerry xxxx

Dawn said...

Lovely apron, so pretty.
x

Em said...

A delicious apron creation...xxx

Serenata said...

Gorgeous apron. I've just got an excellent book out of the library today on making aprons - could have done with it a couple of weeks ago!

A is for Apron - 25 Fresh and Flirty Designs by Nathalie Mornu

Sarah said...

Very pretty apron x

Fondant Kiss said...

OOOhhh yummy apron, I have sent mine all the way to Tasmania and getting a little anxious as no word to say it has been recieved yet! I am loving all this swapping going on in blogland, Yours is almost ready! Have a great weekend!
Regards Deborah x

Lisa said...

Oh you made a beauty there!
So glad to hear that all went as well as could be expected for your family with your Grandma's funeral.
Maybe you should keep your eye on Freecycle for beds and other bits for unusual flower displays like the one at the garden centre!
Lisa x