Wednesday 2 June 2010

Alternative Flower Beds!!!!

On Saturday Gav took me to a fab garden centre that I hadn't been to before.
It was pouring with big fat rain, so we mostly stayed inside.
As we were on our way to the checkout with our basket of veggie plants we came across these unusual flower/plant arrangements.


A bed covered in plants, it really did look eiderdown like with the plants peaking out of their paper cones.

 

This arrangement in a toilet was funny, but I am concerned that I will come home to a version of it in my garden next week!!!
Gav took quite a liking to it as he is in the plumbing & heating business and has been talking about putting a water feature in the front garden!!!
So watch this space!!!
I'm off to Mum & Dad's tomorrow, hopefully we will have some beach hut fun as well as Grandma's Funeral.
Thank you to all for the wonderful comments and emails, It has really meant a lot to me.
Your words of support have been wonderful.
Luv & Hugs to all of you.

12 comments:

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

Loove the Hydrangeas ...very poetically put that display does look like a lovely CK esque vintage quilt lol!

Thinking of you in the days ahead
Love and God Bless
Julie x

A Tasty Treat said...

Hi
Love the photo's and especially the bed arrangement, very creative.
Tracy
x

Pink Milk said...

Lovely flowery pics Sophie!

Do hope the next few days go smoothly.

Hx

Alijane said...

Your flower pics are great, makes a change from the normal garden centre displays.

I hope the next few days go ok.

Alison
x

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Hi sophie,

how gorgeous to have a real floral eiderdown! Tee hee :D

Sarah x

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely pics
Julie xxxx

Elderberry-Rob said...

I have to say, Sophie, that your Gav has taste! I actually like that idea of his. I would love a toilet water feature in my front garden - we have gossipy curtain twitcher neighbours and everytime a curtain twitched, I would flush my water feature at them!

Em said...

Love the toilet display.
Sorry about your Grandmother.
Enjoy looking at the beach huts..x

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Hey Sophie.
What brill arrangements!
So sorry to read about your Grandma. Hope you're doing OK. Xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Don't those flowers look lovely!!! So pretty!!
I hope your dear Grandma's funeral is no too bad for you all.
xxxx

Kelly said...

Gorgeous pictures darling xxx THat must have been a lovely place to see!!!