Wednesday 12 August 2009

Pretty in Pink

Oh how I knew that I would not be able to stop once I started!

Since the sewing machine has been set up I have been hooked.

I found a fab Tutorial for a Needle Case at Messy Jesse.
I thought that as I had a new pin cushion I could have a go at a matching needle case!

So I adapted/customised the pattern and came up with this.......


What do you think?

I am so slightly addicted and made 2 cushions for a friend tonight!!!

I have already decided I am going to make some more Pin Cushions and matching Needle Cases, and have chosen some pretty strawberry fabric. Can't wait to get home tomorrow after work & swiss ball class to get started. Nipped to the fabric shop at lunch and bought some proper toy stuffing so hopefully the pin cushion will stuff better than before.

Hope your week is going well Sophie xxxx

9 comments:

TCake said...

they are fab... love them both. Tx

Polka Dot Moon said...

Those are just fabulous!!!

Pomona said...

You have been busy! You can always put emery sand in the base of the pincushion to weight it.

Pomona x

Floss said...

You are on a roll! Those are lovely - such understated colours.

Thedarkerside73 said...

Lol ahh this is how the addiction starts! before you know it you are thinking fabric and sizing up spare rooms for your stash!

Love your pincushions and you needle case they are so pretty. Look forward to seeing more.


MBBx

Unknown said...

Hello!
I have really enjoyed reading your blog....it's full of things that I really love!

I wondered about a couple of things - I wondered if you have done anything yet with the large white cabinet/cupboard you bought.....I have found a similar blue and white in my inlaws shed and really need some inspiration for it!

I also wondered where you bought the 500ml/1L containers you have on your shelf, I really like those!

Loved Kirstie's Homemade Home too :)

Best wishes to you!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Don't they look great together!

Well done with your sewing adventures,

Victoria xx

Michela said...

Hi Sophie! You're very talented and your blog is so girly!
Have a fab weekend!

BusyLizzie said...

pretty.. well done! I haven't managed to make anything for AGES and my ancient sewing machine is not behaving itself these days. Really do need to get it seen to/serviced...
Have a lovely w/e lizzie