Monday 12 October 2009

First Craft Fair Officially Booked


Well lovely people, I have bitten the bullet and booked into my first Christmas Craft Fair!
I am very Excited, Saturday the 5th December is the day and boy do I need to start making.
So this weekend amongst other weekend duties I have been making Christmas Tree Decorations. Little Red fabric hearts with gold stars all over them. I just have to add little gold bows to each heart now.

I'm quite pleased with the shape, Hearts can be tricky things to make and it took me a few goes to get them right.

I have decided to make 10 of each of my designs for the fair, pin cushions, needle cases, make up pouches, tree decorations, glasses cases, tooth fairy bags, Christmas cards etc. I think I will also make some bunting with children's names on it.
Any top tips you guys have would be most welcome, as I am a novice at this type of thing.
I have been stocking up on fabric and have quite a stash now!!!
I have had a parcel of something arrive every day lately.

One of my favourites was a bundle of cupcake fabric I got off Ebay it had a piece of fabric in it that I have been desperately trying to get hold of for ages, It says I like to eat cup cakes every day on it..... Love it.

Today I had some east of India ribbons turn up today, I found them on a website called Eden247, they were all on special offer. Bargain.
Well off the subject of fabric and on to the weather.............
Have you noticed that the weather seems to have changed the last few weeks, lovely and warm in the days but chilly at night! well we decided that it was time to use the lovely fireplace we had fitted back in June. It is glorious, and really warms the sitting room nicely in the evenings. We are trying to leave the switching on of the central heating until the very last moment with the energy prices as they are at the moment.

Well I hope you all had a lovely weekend, for any of those CK lovers out there I hope you read the Mail on Sundays magazine yesterday with the free stencils and patterns in it, If not do not fear I have a link for you here.

Enjoy your week, Love Sophie xxxxx

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Sophie :)
I'm sure you will do really well, the hearts look fab!
They are trick aren't they :)
Looking forward to reading all about your success!

Lots of Love

Kelly xxx

Beki said...

Ooh well done you, good luck!
Funnily enough i've been sewing up a storm with the hearts today for my blog shop, i've found an easier way to sew them that suits me.
Love the cupcake fabric, can I ask where you got it from as I can't seem to find any I like. Asked at out local fabric shop and they said that they are having trouble getting any.
Have a great week
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Great news that you've booked your first fair. I look forward to hearing more about your goodies.

Victoria xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Good luck with your first Craft Fair - where is it? I love those hearts.

Rose said...

You must be super excited about your first craft fair, best of luck with it!
The cupcake fabrics are so cute.

Rose

Michela said...

Love your hearts! Good luck with the fair...remember to take lots of pictures for us!

LissyLou said...

good luck with the fair Sophie!!

Floss said...

Wow, this is exciting! It should be great at the fair - best of luck with the rest of the sewing! Thanks for the link, too.