Thursday, 3 September 2009

Hummingbird Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

When I saw Victoria's of Florance & Mary post about the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook & signing she went to with Kelly, I knew I had to have that cook book!!
So I ordered it and it arrived a couple of weeks ago.

I have browsed it from cover to cover and last night I decided it was time to make my first endeavour in the delicious delights of the Hummingbird bakery cookbook.
I made the Chocolate Cupcakes (page 17)
They are really easy to make, I used my handy food processor for the whole recipe.
I made 12 mini cupcakes & 6 normal sized cupcakes and there was plenty of mixture from one batch.
Sometimes I find that recipes don't make as many as they say they will and you end up having to make 2 lots to fill requirements!
They turned out fab if I do say so myself!
I then made the Chocolate Frosting on page 12, I batch made loads plenty for all the cupcakes I made. ( I did have to go next door to borrow a cup of Icing Sugar!! As you do)

I also made the frosting in my food processor, and then piped it on to the cakes and finished them with Silver Balls.

4 mini cupcakes went next door in return for the Icing sugar.

3 were eaten last night

The rest went to work with me today, to a welcome response from the team in the weekly team meeting. (I always think cake makes a team meeting go well!!)

And there is 1 left in the tin for Gav and I to share later.......

My verdict is 10/10, definitely a winner in my book.


Do you have a favourite recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery book?

Luv Sophie xxxxx

10 comments:

Simone said...

How funny, I read something just yesterday about this book.....I must buy it....thanks for the reminder!

The choc cupcakes look fab....how nice that you took them to work :)

bekimarie said...

They look delicious, think I will give these a go next time.
I find with all recipes tried so far that there is too much mixture rather than not enough.
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Florence and Mary said...

DELICIOUS!

I'm ashamed to say I haven't tackled one recipe from the book yet!!!

I must rectify that the weekend!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

They look goooooood!!!!
It is a lovely book aren't you good actually making some!!!!
Like victoria I haven't tried anything yet!
My baking has been very neglected lately, I'll have to indulge over the weekend xxx

Lots of love

Kelly xxx

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Mmmmmm they look very nice. I have seen this book a lot over blogland. Although I think it might be fatal if I brought it. Cakes rate a bit too high in this house! lol.



MBBx

Rose Charles said...

Hi Sophie,

the cupcakes look great!

I made the banana/choc muffins from there yesterday - they don't look as professional as yours! It is hard to get neat icing when you have a 4yr old helper lol but they taste amazing! (they have the same chocolate frosting as those you have made). I made the banana loaf too - yes, I had LOTS of bananas left over to use up ;-)

I am glad you like your giveaway goodies!

Rose XXX

lou said...

Hi, what I would do too have one of those cakes sat beside me now, not that it would stay there long. ;0)

I might have too add this book too my list!!!

Have a lovely weekend love Lou xxx

Macalicious said...

They look yumilicious! I love that book although Nigella's chocolate cherry cupcakes do take some beating (they are made using morello cherry conserve) worth a go too x

Duchess of Tea said...

Your blog is delightful darling, I love visiting you. Luv, have yourself a fabulous weekend!!

Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥♥♥

Rose said...

These cupcakes look SO good!

Rose