Friday 17 June 2011

A Few of my Favourite Things

Hello All

Just thought I would pop by and say I'm still alive just been having a break.
I just had to share a few of my current favourite things!
Firstly a new magazine called Mollie Makes, it is soo up my street and such a breath of fresh air in the craft magazine catalogue.


My garden has been taking up a lot of my time as well, it is all growing soo fast and needing quite a bit of attention. Thank goodness it has been raining a bit more as it really did need it, it has all started to flourish again.






My new phone is also my new Best Friend, It can do everything I want it to even Blog, which means I can blog on the move!



WI has taken on a new meaning to me!



I have made a couple of really good like minded friends, we have started a bit of a mini revolution by chance! And the committee are taking notice that more needs to be done to generate new members! I think we rattled a few cages by visiting a new Young WI in the local area to see what they did differently to our WI, now lots of the other members are asking us about it and want our WI to do more interactive activities as well!
I do feel like I have opened a can of worms but a good can, as everyone seems positive about it!
More on that soon, I am in charge of the raffle for the next meeting!



So I have my thinking cap on for some lovely prizes.
I have also been learning about how to research family history online, I have been spurred on by one of my WI friends who has a wealth of knowledge about it & is helping a great deal as it is quite a tricky process.
Who do you think you are? & Long Lost Family has a lot to answer too!!!



So all in all I'm keeping busy.
Have a lovely weekend, I'm off to check my google reader now and have a good old catch up.
Luv

5 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

ooh interesting, my cousin did our family tree and then organised a re-union - we all come from Colchester area and clubbed up to get a park bench with our family name on it in the park in colchester! I would love to join the WI - you have inspired me to find out more,. thanks.

Shsjndkdns said...

Hi Sophie,
Hope you are well!
Love your list, Mollie Makes is a lovely mag isn't it?
Would love to know more about whats happening at the WI too xx

The sewing room said...

Nice to see you back,your garden looks rosy.Good luck with the WI movement it should be interesting ,keep us posted.

Hugs Pat.

Lisa said...

You have been busy!
Good for you about the WI shake up, looking forward to hearing more!
Lisa x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Check you out causing waves in the WI!!!

I'm over the moon with my iphone too, it makes blogging and keeping up with blogs so much easier!

Victoria xx